VMware Horizon Community
k845
Contributor
Contributor

View Connection Server Database connection

I'm trying to locate the database that our view connection server is using so that I can backup the BD before I do the upgrade.  I looking under ODBC and don't see any connections set up.

Can someone help?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The View connection server uses a ADAM database as it's backend.  You can back that up by using vdmadmin  which is located on the connection broker.   If you are using View Composer that would have a SQL backend.  You could figure out which server that is by looking at the ODBC connections on the vCenter server.   Your events database would be a SQL database too.  

0 Kudos
k845
Contributor
Contributor

The only ODBC connection on the Virtual Center Server is for itself.  I thought the View Composer DB should be configured the same way with an ODBC connection on the first View Server built (Connection Broker).

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

The View composer ODBC has always been on vCenter.   Are you running vCenter x64 or x86?  Just a thought but maybe if it's on x64 they setup the ODBC connection as x86.   

0 Kudos
k845
Contributor
Contributor

Do you know the registry key that might have the information in it.  I think the VC database and the Composer DB might be shared.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Shared on the same SQL server?     The only reg key I know of is the ODBC one at HKLM\Software\ODBC

0 Kudos