VMware Horizon Community
jkeys
Contributor
Contributor

View Connection Server Authentication failed

I am getting this error when a user is trying to connect to VMware View 5.  The View Connection Server authentication failed, You are not entitled to use the system.  I have verified that the user is configured to use the specific pool via entitlements.  I have also added and removed that user from the assisged pool.

VMware View 5

ESXI 5.0

Any ideas would be great.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Thats a tough one because that error is specific about not being assigned a pool.    Do other users have any issues logging in?    Do you have multiple connection brokers you can try to rule out an issue with one connection broker. 

0 Kudos
jkeys
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunatly I do not have another connection broker to try, and I just discovered that any user tied to that specific pool is experiencing the same issue.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Maybe some kind of breakdown in authenitcation from AD.  I would reboot the broker and see if that corrects the issue.   If it does you can generate a diagnostic zip file and open a ticket with VMware to see if you can determine the cause of the issue. 

0 Kudos
jkeys
Contributor
Contributor

Please disregard, I discoverd that the pool was disabled for some reason.  I'm not sure how that happened but it's resolved.  Thank you for the time.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

No worries, I'm glad it was something simple. 

0 Kudos
Kapil84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Have you installed View Agent on you virtual desktop machine.

after after creating a pool and after entitlement are you getting green check mark on Entitled and Enable column.

If you duble click on the pool you will find general information check out the sate of your pool it must to be enable.

Regards,

KB

0 Kudos