VMware Horizon Community
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

View Connection Brokers Not Replicating Config.?

Is anybody familiar with what causes a connection server to lose the ability to replicate it's configuration through the linked connection servers in a group? This is the first time I've ever run into it. We have an admin that added a pool on one server, but the other servers don't recognize the pool in the admin page.

I've pinged back and forth between the three brokers with no problems. I've pinged the VM (from the affected pool) from each of the connection servers, and pinged from the VM to the servers, all successful.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vLarus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi theandyorr.

im quite sure that your ADAM database is not replicating correctly so what you need to do is:

Go to command promt.

C:\WINDOWS\adam\repadmin.exe /showrepl localhost:389 DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int

Here you see if its replicating or not.

And if it says: x number of consecutive errors its not replecating correctly.

Main reasons are :Strange DNS setup (multiple IPs) ,Blocked port in firewalls (389)

You can try to to force replecatin in both ways

C:\WINDOWS\adam\repadmin.exe /replicate local-host.fqdn.com:389 remote-host.fqdn.com:389 dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int

C:\WINDOWS\adam\repadmin.exe /replicate remote-host.fqdn.com:389 local-host.fqdn.com:389 dc=vdi,dc=vmware,dc=int

Good luck.

vmice.net
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. Apparently we have an issue since I'm receiving an LDAP error when I try to force replication. "LDAP Error 81(0x51): Server Down".

0 Kudos