VMware Horizon Community
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Connection Broker HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel

Hi all,

I have a question about enabling the 'HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel' on a view 5.0 connection broker.

We currently have a production Connection Broker that we have paired to a new Security Server. We need to enabled HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel option on the connection broker settings. However I cannot find out what the effect this will have on currently connected Virtual Desktops immediately after the 'OK' button is selected.

1)     When the ‘HTTP(S) Secure Tunnel’ option is selected and the ‘OK’ button is selected. Do the Virtual Desktops currently in use loose connectivity? 

2)     Do any of the VMWare services on either the Connection Broker or Security server need restarting?

3)     Or does either the VMWare Connection Broker or Security server need restarting?

I have read http://pubs.vmware.com/view-50/index.jsp?topic=/com.vmware.view.administration.doc/GUID-7FB5BEBA-2C2... which indicates that no service or server reboot is required.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just going to post up a response to this that I have had from my TAM.

Existing connections will not be dropped.

This setting will take effect only on connections that are initiated after the option change.
No restart or reboot is required.
0 Kudos
Jamit2006
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

j

0 Kudos