VMware Horizon Community
fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Composer installation interrupted

Hi,

I am a newbie to VM and need assistance if someone can assist me out with expert advice.

I am trying to deploy view composer 7 with Vcenter 6 but while installation of view composer it it getting interrupted. Not sure why!!!!!

have tried out some of the solutions but looks doesn't work. few of the geeks to eliminate the cause.

1. Vcenter is installed with the same account as trying for composer.

2. No previous installation for composer, so eliminating binding ssl issue.

3. rebooted server many times.

4. firewall disabled.

5. Account have local admin rights

User: Domainuser

Tags (1)
14 Replies
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

The attached logs shows, the required .Net is not installed and Horizon 7 Server is installed on this computer.

Property(C): MsgMustReboot = The system must be rebooted before installation can continue.

Property(C): MsgNewerVersion = Enter the connection information for the [ProductName].

Property(C): MsgNoDotNetInstalled = [ProductName] requires .NET 4.6.  Please install this prerequisite before running the installer.

Property(C): MsgServerInstalled = Unable to install because the Horizon 7 Server is installed on this computer.

Steps:

1. .Net needs to be installed

2. Required db needs to be configured (Configured ODBC pointing to the Composer db)

3. You can co-install the composer on VC installed machine(ie.Windows) or Standalone

Installation Guide: https://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-7-view/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-70-installation.pdf

fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Pari,

Thanks for reply and useful information to shared!

I checked the .net part and looks it is already installed 4.6.2 and reboot has been tried also. Not sure why it is reflecting in the log.

any other possibilities do you think??

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Fayaz,

I'll suggest you to try in a new clean VM with all pre-req configured.  I believe that machine where you are trying to install in pre-installed with other View Components and not cleanly uninstalled, which is stopping you to run the composer.

fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Pari,

Thanks it worked!

I have one more issue regarding vcenter shall i ask here?

0 Kudos
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes Fayaz, please let me know.

fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you Pari appreciate your guidelines.

I have a scenario in which while connecting to vsphere web client some times the internet explorer shows page can not be found or below error comes us.

503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [class Vmacore::Http::LocalServiceSpec:0000000000DB5AA0] _serverNamespace = /vsphere-client _isRedirect = true _port = 9090).

any idea!

0 Kudos
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Fayaz,

Please find the steps.  Also, the KB in detail for your issues.

1. Ensure that vCenter Server services are running using this command (this can be ran on a Windows installation or Appliance):

service-control --status --all

Note: Before continuing, investigate if there are other services failing to start.

2. Restart the vSphere Web Client manually from services.msc and set it to Automatic (delayed start). If the issue persist go to next step.

"503 service unavailable" error when connecting to vSphere Web Client (2121043) | VMware KB

fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Pari,

Hope you are doing well, I tried with the solution and looks like still stuck somewhere. I noticed by running command some of services got started but at one point it comes up with some error as showing in the attached command prompt.

I tried to manually start the v sphere webclient service but it got failed also.

Need your assistance one again Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance! attaching snapshot!

error.png

0 Kudos
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That's an authentication error, The error means the password is incorrect.The user/wrong password do not have specific privileges necessary to start the service.

Try to start the service as Administrator Local/Domain and check if works.

Raul. Smiley Happy

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud
0 Kudos
fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Raul,

Thanks, i tried the solution but as service is dependent on other services so it didn't started successfully.

any idea?

secondly how about log file since %programdata%\vmware\log have too many folder and files from which file i can see the correct log????

0 Kudos
PCTechStream
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

The best and faster possible solution to fix this issue & complete the installation, is to install a brand new O/S with no rolls or any other software on it,

use the domain admin account or a user with admin right added to the Local Administrator Group. Also, make sure that you have full access to

vCenter database either external with "ODBC System data source Added" or integrated. Moreover, the version of vCenter/Composer/View must be compatible. Check if works!     

Raul. Smiley Happy

VMware VDI Administrator

http://ITCloudStream.com/

www.ITSA.Cloud
pari2k3
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Fayaz,

It may happen if you have replaced self signed certificate or if the vcenter db password is corrupted.  You can reset the vCenter db password and try it.  Take a snapshot of vCenter before taking a chance.  Try this kb Changing the vCenter Server database user ID and password (1006482) | VMware KB

fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Pari,

I figured out below error in event viewer  although the service account have already rights as services. does it means i have to include NT service\vmwarecompoenentmanger?????????

Error==============================

The VMwareComponentManager service was unable to log on as NT SERVICE\VMwareComponentManager with the currently configured password due to the following error:

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

Service: VMwareComponentManager

Domain and account: NT SERVICE\VMwareComponentManager

This service account does not have the required user right "Log on as a service."

User Action

Assign "Log on as a service" to the service account on this computer. You can use Local Security Settings (Secpol.msc) to do this. If this computer is a node in a cluster, check that this user right is assigned to the Cluster service account on all nodes in the cluster.

If you have already assigned this user right to the service account, and the user right appears to be removed, check with your domain administrator to find out if a Group Policy object associated with this node might be removing the right.

0 Kudos
fayyazafzal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Would like to thanks to everyone. The issue has been fixed.

Thanks once again!

0 Kudos