VMware Horizon Community
AlexMitr
Contributor
Contributor

View Composer error "Error during Provisioning ... which exceeds the maximum8 limit"

Hello.

Yesterday I have got a very strange error in my View Composer interface: "Error during Provisioning View Composer Fault: Resource pool resgroup-2175 in cluster domain-c2174 has 19 hosts, which exceeds the maximum8 limit."

My environment is: VMware vSphere 7.0u1 + VMware Horizon 7.13. Since March 2021 and up to yesterday all worked fine. As I remember, this version supports up to 32 hosts per cluster.

I found the only one thread https://communities.vmware.com/t5/Horizon-Desktops-and-Apps/View-Composer-Fault-exceeds-the-maximum8...

Unfortunately, I have no support contract from VMware. Can community help me, please?

Alexander.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

This limitation has been lifted long back, this was applicable when vSphere/VMFS version was 5.x. It will be easier to narrow down the issue if you can find what changed in the environment.

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
AlexMitr
Contributor
Contributor

As far as I know, nothing important has been changed in the configuration. Just standard daily/weekly work with pools - such as expanding, refreshing, may be recomposing.
May be some hosts has been rebooted, but I don't have clear information.

Alexander.

0 Kudos
AlexMitr
Contributor
Contributor

Updated info -- the only kind of work with pools is "expand" (increasing number of VMs). No any other kinds of work, such as configuration changing, refreshing, etc.

Any ideas, please...

Alexander.

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Just some suggestions to see if they help in any way.

Are you seeing this error every time when you expand the pool? If so, edit the pool and make some changes like, changing the cluster/datastore/golden image and see if the error is resolved. Later you can change them back to original values. 

Try creating a new test pool with the same config and see if the error is still seen.

I'm not sure if these will help, the ideal way would be to contact VMware support. 

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos