VMware Horizon Community
neuge
Contributor
Contributor

View Composer agent initialization state error (-65535)

We have an automated Linked-Clone-Desktop-Pool, on the clone the View Agent 4.5 is installed and also available for the View Administrator.

The the desktops in this pool have an error with the following code:

View Composer agent initialization state error (-65535): View Composer agent is not installed in the master VM (waited 0 seconds.

What does this error mean? The Agent is installed and also available.

Can anyone help?

Neuge

0 Kudos
5 Replies
kSosa
Contributor
Contributor

Having the same issue will keep you posted on what I find.

0 Kudos
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does the Parent VM have the view agent software installed?  I had an error similar to this also, it was resolved by activating windows on the Parent VM.  I would check your parent VM to make sure the agent software is installed correctly, windows is activated, and that you can reach the view connection server from it (netstat -na from commandline will show you)

0 Kudos
kSosa
Contributor
Contributor

my problem is fixed  the parent vm did not have the composer option during the install of the View4.5 agent. I created another parent vm and installed the view4.5 agent  and had the option of composer agent. Must be something with the first parent vm, it was optimized using the commands. bat file from the VMware guide. This would not be the first time something in that bat caused a problem. I am going to take apart that first parent vm and will keep you posted.

neuge
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, this was also my problem. I uninstalled the ViewAgent in the VM and the next time I installed the ViewAgent there was an option for the ViewComposer Agent to install.

0 Kudos
charney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

From my experience, the VMware tools need to be installed prior to the agent in order to get the composer option. With out the tools installed the installer thinks that it is a physical machine.

0 Kudos