VMware Horizon Community
AB11
Contributor
Contributor

View Composer agent initialization state error (6): Unknown failure (waited 0 seconds)

Hello all,

Although we are beginning the upgrade to latest version for all our VMware installations we are running VMware View Administrator 3.1.0 in our live environment at the moment.

We have two desktop pools, one persistent and the other non persistent. The persistent pool is working correctly at the moment but the non persistent is causing us some problems. When users log off and disconnect the machine is set to recompose but they constantly return to Status Error 'View Composer agent initialization state error (6): Unknown failure (waited 0

seconds)'.

I have seen this in the past and used a registry edit on the 'master' to resolve the issue. I searched the VMware site yesterday but can only find advice to restart the machine:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101165...

This article suggests rebooting the machines but this is not always practical.

Can someone please remind me what the permanent resolution is to this.

many thanks

A

0 Kudos
1 Reply
klpts
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a resolution to your issue? I am getting the same error and restarting the machine isn't working. I have also tried removing and adding it back into the domain and this isn't fixing the issue. I am stuck and not quite sure how/where to move forward.

0 Kudos