VMware Horizon Community
Adminafterwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Composer agent initialization state error (-1): Illegal state (waited 0 seconds)

Hi there

after taking another vm snapshot by editing the image with recomposing in my automated desktop pool (vista ultimate) I got the following error mess in the logs the view connection server : "VmInformationThe VM: /[name of VM]- encountered an error: 18.01.09 19.24 Uhr CET: View Composer agent initialization state error (-1): Illegal state (waited 0 seconds)

on all my recomposed vm's in this pool. Even if my VMs working well, I would like to get an understanding of this error message and sort it out,.

Thanks for your input, cheers

Tom

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Quimmm
Contributor
Contributor

I'm also having problems like that, and I have maybe a possible answer:

Could the problem be the vista distribution? According to view manager administration guide:

"You cannot use the View Composer feature of View Manager to deploy desktops that

run Windows Vista Ultimate Edition or Windows XP Professional SP1"

I hope this helps!

Adminafterwork
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yo man, wonderull... I didn't expect anymore that someone will answer to this threat... Thanks..

okay, I did'nt check that - or better haven't seen that in the admin guide... I will check it once again....

Someone else having those issues with Vista Ultimate or XP SP1 ? -thanks for your comments, .

AAW

0 Kudos
larjona
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue too with windows XP SP3 linked clones desktops.

But I can loggin into this desktops.

?¿?

0 Kudos