VMware Horizon Community
Mickelonis
Contributor
Contributor

View Composer adding SCSI Controller during provision process (causing blue screens)

Simple question....

1. I create a Parent VM with the settings seen in the attached screenshot.

2. I create an automated pool

3. View composer creates the VM's automatically like it should, however look at the settings in the attached screenshot (enduservm.png) The VM now has "SCSI controller 0" and it's set to "Bus Logic"

Go back to the Parent VM and look at the settings... There is no "SCSI Controller" at all!

Why is it that View Composer is adding a SCSI controller to all my VM's? It's causing blue screens....

Thanks in advance!!!

-Pete

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi Pete.

What version of View and Windows are you using?

Are you having a user data disk configured on your pool?

What scsi-controller and what driver version do you have for the base image?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Mickelonis
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Linjo,

First, thanks for your reply 😃

We are using View 4.0

We are NOT using user data disks

During the parent vm creation process, I selected LSI-SAS as I've been told that this is the latest and greatest from VMware and promises speed for desktops. As for any controllers, you can see them in the attached image called parentvm.png

Does this answer your question?

Thanks again...

-Pete

0 Kudos
Mickelonis
Contributor
Contributor

Problem solved....

Silly me... I was assigning an IDE address instead of a SCSI address during creation of the Parent VM....

IDE shouldn't even be available in my opinion....

-Pete

0 Kudos