VMware Horizon Community
pdarcysgi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Composer Unable to See VirtualCenter

Hi

I have installed View and have it working with virtualcenter. It provisions new VMs etc without any issues.

I then tried to enable view composer and everything I do this I get the following error message.

"Either the View Composer Server is not responding, or the user name or password entered is incorrect. The View Composer requires that the user name must be fully qualified with the domain (domain\administrator). Please contact the administrator."

No matter what user id or password I use it doesn't want to work but what I find even more interesting is as soon as I get this error I get another error in the Event Log.

"Cannot find the VirtualCenter. com.vmware.vdi.admin.ui.VCBean.getSviUsers(SourceFile:302) AxisFault faultCode: {http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/enve"

So when I select enable composer it trying to communicated with a server at VMware?

Is there a file that I can configure so that view goes to my VC that I have configured it to use?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

View Composer is installed on the Virtual Center server / servers not on View Manager servers.

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
kalex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

is the composer installed?

also is your Active Directory forrest have a Fully Qualified domain name? Composer requires that it to be FQDN. it will not work if your domain is not. its on page 108 of the manual

Deploying Linked Clone Desktops from View Manager

View Manager can only deploy linked clone desktops if it is able to communicate with

a properly configured VirtualCenter host that is running the View Composer service.

In addition, your Active Directory forest must have a fully qualified domain name, for

example, example.com—you cannot use View Composer in environments where the

domain controller has an unqualified name.

0 Kudos
pdarcysgi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes I am using the FQDN of the server and I have also seen another post that says to put the domain name into the host file which I have done to see if that works. It didn't.

One thing I did notice do I have to install composer on the virtualcenter server or can it be on the view server?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

View Composer is installed on the Virtual Center server / servers not on View Manager servers.

WP

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Is the firewall enabled on either the VC server or the View server? (go to services.msc --> Windows Firewall --> disable)

Are you using the following standard for entering the domain admin info:

domain.com

domain.com\admin

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you use the domain name and the IP address of the DC?

Blog: http://communities.vmware.com/blogs/dommermuth

0 Kudos
pdarcysgi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Correct ViewComposer needs to be installed on the VC not on the view server.

That fixed the issue.

Thanks

Patrick

0 Kudos
pdarcysgi
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The issue was that I had installed composer on the view server not the vc..

RTFM Smiley Happy

0 Kudos