VMware Horizon Community
YahyaZahedi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Composer Fault: Could not find VC object of type VirtualMachine

Hi!

I am facing a problem in recomposing linked clone desktop pool.After I modified the parent virtual machine and took a snapshot of it, I created new recompose task to apply the new snapshot to the desktop pool. It applies on half of them but some virtual machines suffer from the following errors.

View Composer Fault: Could not find VC object of type VirtualMachine, and id (please check the master VM/snapshot or its replica)

Provisioning error occurred for Machine XXX-Agent: Refit operation resync failed

Or on other virtual machines, it shows it has been applied successfully without error, but when I go through virtual machine setting I noticed it doesn't apply.

I changed virtual machine memory from 4 to 3GB memory. I am wondering why did recompose happen to some virtual machines? while

it didn't happen on others !!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You'll have to assess your own policies on upgrading but there have been a number of fixes and improvements since 7.0.3. The issue I was referencing only exists in 7.4.0. I would say open a case with support but expect them to suggest upgrading.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Are you running 7.4? There is a known bug for this exact issue that a hot fix was made available for and I was told would be resolved in 7.5.

0 Kudos
YahyaZahedi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No, I am running 7.0.3. Do you suggest me to update to the latest version ? What is your reason?

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You'll have to assess your own policies on upgrading but there have been a number of fixes and improvements since 7.0.3. The issue I was referencing only exists in 7.4.0. I would say open a case with support but expect them to suggest upgrading.

0 Kudos
jrodsguitar
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try to manually remove the problematic machines using the viewdbck command from one of your connection servers.

I've written a simple script you can run from the ISE on the connection server. Just add your machines to $vms variable, and change the NAME_OF_VDI_POOL to your exact pool name (Case sensitive) and run the script. A word of Caution: This will disable your pool while it's running.

$vms = (

'MACHINE_NAME',

'MACHINE2_NAME',

'MACHINE3_NAME'

)

cd 'C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\tools\bin'

foreach($vm in $vms){

.\viewdbchk.cmd --removeMachine --desktopName NAME_OF_VDI_POOL --machineName "$($vm)" --noErrorCheck --verbose --force

}

Blog: https://powershell.house/