VMware Horizon Community
TheRickOlson
Contributor
Contributor

View Composer Database does not match existing database

A few weeks back I migrated our vCenter server to the VCSA.  I realize now my problem is that I needed to uninstall View Composer prior to the migration.

My current situation is that the View Administrator console believes the VCSA has "co-installed" Composer, when in fact it does not.  I should pause here and note that we don't utilize Composer yet, but are hoping to do so.

So, I spun up a new VM, installed Composer and pointed it to the database we had, and I got this:

The View Composer server could not be changed. The View Composer database on the new server does not match the existing database. Make sure the new View Composer server uses the existing View Composer database or the existing View Composer configuration data is migrated to the new View Composer database.

I am unable to tell the View Administrator to "Do not use View Composer" as that option is grayed out.  I'm unable to roll back to the prior vCenter server.  Thoughts? Suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Since VCSA is an appliance, typically View Composer cannot co-exist with vCenter Server. As "Do not use View Composer" option is grayed out, check what has been configured for View Composer if you edit the Server settings. If your previous vCenter Server was a Windows machine and had View Composer separately installed then you can refer the below document on how to migrate view composer to a new machine.

Migrate View Composer to Another Machine

Migrate View Composer with an Existing Database

Share more details about the current Server configuration screenshot for vCenter and View Composer in Admin console.

0 Kudos