VMware Horizon Community
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

View Composer - Create Linked Clone stopt by 94%

Hello All!

After Install View Composer on the Virtual Center Server, activate Composer Service in View Manager and create an auto pool with use of linked clone - i have an task in Virtual Center "clone virtual mashine" by 94% and it make no progress.

Could some one advise please.

Configuration for View Composer was made by View Manager Manual, but it can be that something is missing.

Last etry in theVC log is Warning "Change MAC address from ... to ..." (weil die MAC address of the parent vm is the same as linked clone)

But i have no clue what the problem can be.

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mmarinov
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is the master VM too big? There are some copy tasks that VC does internally and that is why the VI client can show this progress.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Martin Marinov

VMware Software Engineer

Martin Marinov VMware Software Engineer If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points
martinl
Contributor
Contributor

I've gotten similar problem which is due to dhcp problem on the clone. The freshly created VM failed to join itself to the domain due to lack of IP address. Hope it help.

0 Kudos
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to all for answers, but there was no problem. The thing is, that by creation of the first clone it takes about 30 min, but first the progress bar display the status correct. Then is show only 94% and after 30 min. it coplett succesfully. I was just unpetient.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

There was no problem, it took to long.

0 Kudos