VMware Horizon Community
rpmello
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Composer Can't see parent VM images after Virtual Hardware 7 upgrade?

I upgraded to View 4.0.1 last month, then 2 weeks ago we upgraded to vSphere. After the upgrade I updated a parent VM's VMware tools, upgraded to virtual hardware 7 and took a new snapshot. When I go to the View Admin console I can't see the new snapshot I took available as a default image. It works fine as long as the VM is kept at virtual hardware version 4, but breaks after moving to 7.

Did I miss a step? Anyone else seen this issue? I'm close to opening a support case on the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's an option on a existing pool. Simply edit the pool and browse to the host or cluster option. The checkbox should be at the bottom of the page.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Did you toggle the Use vSphere mode for View composer on your pool?

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
rpmello
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hmmm... No. Is this an option on an existing pool or do I need to recreate the pool for it to work?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's an option on a existing pool. Simply edit the pool and browse to the host or cluster option. The checkbox should be at the bottom of the page.

0 Kudos
mholgate
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you haven't done so I would also re-install the View Agent on your parent VM, this usually helps with driver problems associated with the VMTools.

I always re-install the View Agent after any changes to the parent.

Good luck!

Mike... VM, Virtually!!

Mike... VM, Virtually!!
rpmello
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks... going through all the above steps seems to have cleared up my issues!

0 Kudos