VMware Horizon Community
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View Composer Agent Initialization State Error 16

Hi

I’ve got a weird issue of late with composing my View 6.21 floating pool desktops. I get the error message:

View Composer agent initialization state error (16) : Failed to activate license (waited 0 seconds).

I’ve made no changes to my environment.  The really strange thing is I left the pool alone and the VDI VMs became available with no action on my part!

Most everything I see on this points to KMS and parent VM settings.  I have not altered the parent image for several months.  I’m also using the same snapshot that I used to compose the VMs months ago so not sure if the license stuff if something I should be looking into.

If in fact, there was an issue with the parent image I’d expect it to consistently fail to provision and not come good on its own.

Any clues what might be happening?  I recall VMware mentioning something about CBT.  Best practice is to have this disabled, but I haven’t done that yet with this pool.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got some assistance with VMware on this.  The issue appears to have been with the parent image, but not KMS.  Once I uninstalled and reinstalled VMware tools and the various agents in the right order it worked fine.  Still doesn't explain how it worked before for so long, but it's working so I'm happy with that.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NewbVMDude
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I got some assistance with VMware on this.  The issue appears to have been with the parent image, but not KMS.  Once I uninstalled and reinstalled VMware tools and the various agents in the right order it worked fine.  Still doesn't explain how it worked before for so long, but it's working so I'm happy with that.