VMware Horizon Community
ESAKLICA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Composer 6 Installation fails

Hi,

I just having a problem with installation of view composer 6.0. I'm getting an "error 1920".

Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services.The Log On account for the VMware View Composer service should be the Local System account. For more information, consult your Administrator or vendor documentation.

I'm trying to install on fresh/clean Windows 2008 R2 Sp1 with remote SQL Server 2008 R2 with domain administrator account. Thats mean message is not related with my problem.

Tools;

View 6.0 for all components

Vcenter 5.5u1b.

No problem with same server Wiew 5.3.1 composer can able to install.and finishes.

Is anybody have an idea?

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
12 Replies
opie81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The Domain Account that you are using needs to be added to the "Log on As Service" permissions.  The instructions are below:

To add the "Log on as a service" right to an account on your local computer

1. Open Local Security Policy.
  2. In the console tree, double-click Local Policies, and then click User Rights Assignments.
  3. In the details pane, double-click Log on as a service.
  4. Click Add User or Group, and then add the appropriate account to the list of accounts that possess the Log on as a service right.
0 Kudos
ESAKLICA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Adding "Log on Service" also not worked..

composto.png

0 Kudos
opie81
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

What user are you running the installer as?

0 Kudos
ESAKLICA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Right click -> Run As Administrator.

Also Windows session logged in Domain Administrator Account.

0 Kudos
btolu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Same here but on Windows 2012 R2. SQL is local. ODBC created with sql user having sa permissions. Unless I change the service account to the domain admin, it does not start. (local admin, domain user with local admin rights vs)

0 Kudos
ESAKLICA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have also tried to install on Windows Server 2012 R2 both remote SQL 2008 & SQL 2012.

0 Kudos
devers1012
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem as well.  I can revert back to RC or Beta and they work fine.  But the GA version fails like this every time.

0 Kudos
devers1012
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try this.

An automatic updater of revoked certificates is available for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, W...

This worked for me.  Thx Justin Venezia for suggesting it.

kw3
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks! This worked for us - we're doing an offline install so we needed to disable automatic root updates.

btolu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot! Disabling it also worked for me. I had used domain admin user for the service to be able to install it and was able to revert it back to local system after disabling root updates... Mine was also offline install.

gpedit.msc --> Administrative Templates > System > Internet Communication Management > Internet Communication setting > Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update>Enabled

ESAKLICA
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you for all.

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
levenliuwen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thx! Your answer is work!