VMware Horizon Community
UnityGuy
Contributor
Contributor

View Client requires two installs to work on Windows XP

Hi All,

We are experiencing an issue where deploying the View Client (5.0.1 build-640055) on Windows XP systems is no longer working properly.

Initially, we were able to manually or silently install the client, reboot, and connect to the connection server properly. Now, after manually or silently installing the client and rebooting, the system won't launch the client. It looks like it tries to launch, then nothing. If we repair or reinstall the client and reboot, the client will launch and work properly again.

Does anyone know what's going on with this?

I should mention we use McAfee AV 8.8 on the XP systems, but that we haven't seen anything in the McAfee logs indicating it's doing anything with the install.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cflora
Contributor
Contributor

I've noticed something similar with the few View 5.1 client installs I've attempted recently.  I didn't have to install twice, but after uninstalling the old client I had to reboot twice in order to install the new client and then I had to reboot twice after the new install before the thin client saw the new client.  I know this doesn't help fix the issue, but have you tried just rebooting an extra time instead of reinstalling?  Maybe your issue is the same as mine.

Oh, and this also seems to only be an issue when doing a silent install. 

0 Kudos