VMware Horizon Community
wcotu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Client login receives AD Login Prompt

I have a View infrastructure setup in a 2 way trust configuration.

When users login via the trusted domain (not the domain where the view servers sit) the users receive an Active Directory login prompt, users can then input there creds there and login fine but I would like the prompt to auto login same as if the users were sitting in the view domain.

Is that possible?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ok. All you should need to do is restart the VMware View Agent service (or just reboot them) to have them pick up the new trust relationship.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Is this the View client itself on Windows, or the logon to the actual desktop VM after authenticating to the connection server and launching it? The latter should work by default, unless you've explicitly disabled SSO, and the first should work by ticking the "log on as current user" checkbox.

wcotu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I get the login prompt right after selecting my virtual desktop in the view client.

One thing I noticed is if I reboot and then login it goes right through without the second login prompt.

There are no GPO's in the domain so I am wondering if there are power settings or something else kicking in from the golden image. Just a thought.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Were these VMs created before the trusted domain was added? The desktop VM agents cache the list of trusted domains when they start up, and if the user's domain isn't matched then SSO to the desktop will not occur.

wcotu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I created the VM's before the trust was in place yes.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Ok. All you should need to do is restart the VMware View Agent service (or just reboot them) to have them pick up the new trust relationship.

0 Kudos
wcotu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

you are so right. After the reboot everything is perfect. Thanks!

0 Kudos