VMware Horizon Community
DanielRG
Contributor
Contributor

View Client for Android - audio error

We are installing and configuring Horizon View 6.0.0 build-1884746 accessing from android tablets with the View Client 3.0.0-1887158, and we have a problem when playing the audio.

When we reproduce an audio file in the View desktop, the audio arrive to the tablet without hear the beginning of audio. For example, if we run an audio file that says the word "potato" in the tablet we hear "ato".

We have proven that when just finished the audio, we come back to run it inmediately , we hear it well, but if we wait a couple of seconds to run it, then again don't we hear the beginning.

Somebody know that it can be? Is it a limitation of view client for android?

Note: It is the same problem with any type and model of android (tablets and phones). If we do it from a windows computer with the View Client for windows, is heard well.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Are you using the standard VMware audio-driver or replaced it with Teradici's?

What are the guest OS?

What are the audio-policy set at for quality and bandwidth?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
DanielRG
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried with two drivers and same thing happens.

The Guest OS is Windows 7 x64

The policies of audio quality and bandwidth are for better quality and greater bandwidth. I've tried different values and is always the same, I've tried without GPOs and same thing happens.

0 Kudos
SueWang
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for bringing up the issue. The issue is one known issue due to technical limitation of remote client audio. Suggest that you‘d better play one word during playing one piece of light music.