VMware Horizon Community
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

View Client and Desktop Resolution

Hi all.

I have a problem with view client. I have two monitor (laptop 16801050 and external monitor with 19201200). I use external monitor to display rdp session.

But with view client I have big problem to use the external monitor with the right resolution. Always as I start view client it opened in the primary monitor (laptop) with the resolution 16801050. And it happens also if I start view client in the multimonitor mode. And I find no possibility to use it with external monitor in the resolution 19201200.

Please advice.

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JonKemp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you configured the View Client to be able to display the 1920x1200 resolution. The default memory setting for the Virtual SVGA card doesn't allow you to go that high.

The setting needs to be put into the .vmx file itself. Backup the existing .vmx file just in case. Power off the VM and open the .vmx file in a text editor from an SSH session. Add (or amend) the following lines.

svga.vramSize = "9216000"

svga.maxHeight = "1200"

svga.maxWidth = "1920"

When you power the machine back on you should be able to increase the resolution of the desktop to 1920x1200

0 Kudos
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your answer. But i can use view client with the resolution 1920x1200 if i make my external monitor as primary and then start view client.

The problem is, i can not force view client to display on the external monitor with thet resolution if my primary monitor is laptop.

0 Kudos
JonKemp
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is how I manage to get the full resoultion on my second monitor. I am in a similar situation Laptop with 1440x900 resolution and monitor 1920x1200.

After authenticating with the Desktop Broker and you are presented with the Desktops you are entitled to, drag the VDM Client widow onto your secondary display.

Select the machien you want and have it set to Full Screen (multi monitor) and connect.

It will open on your primay display but at the resolution of the secondary display.

Cause the window to exit full screen mode by double clicking the bar at the top.

Move it to your secondary display and maximise and it should display in full screen at the higher resolution.

Not exactly a pretty way of doing it but it works here. Maybe someone else knows a better way. Let me know if it works for you.

0 Kudos
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

It have works for me twice in the last 3 days. I thought as first it is a solution, but it wount work. I can connect as you describe two days ago with the first try. Yesterday i can connect after 10 or 15 tries. Today i can not connect after 20 tries. I made my external monitor primary, connect with the proper resolution and change external monitor as secondary.

And now i look for an solution. it is a problem, all helpdesk employees use two monitors and can not use so, how they do it with rdp.

Hope some one can help.

0 Kudos
Kastigar12
Contributor
Contributor

Hello again.

Is there are some possibility to use View Client in the Resolution needed? Or there are noone, hwo use View Client on the Multiply monitors?

Thanks

0 Kudos