VMware Horizon Community
jwngreen
Contributor
Contributor

View Client Crashes with Smart Card

Every time I insert my smart card the VMWare View client crashes.  It doesn't give any error message; it just closes out.  I have attached a crash log.  I have tried closing all other running programs as well as starting in safe mode.

The client will work every once in a while; usually after multiple restarts.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
yuleyl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

From your crash log, it looks like you're using macOS 10.12.3 and Horizon Client 4.3 client.

Have you disabled the PIVToken on your macOS 10.12? If have not, please follow below workaround that mentioned in the Release Notes.

VMware Horizon Client for Mac OS X Release Notes

• When you use Horizon Client on macOS Sierra (10.12), Horizon Client stops responding when it reads a smart card with Apple CryptoTokenKit PIVToken.
    Workaround: Disable PIVToken by using one of the following methods: 1) Install PKard for Mac v1.7, which automatically disables thecom.apple.CryptoTokenKit.pivtoken token; or 2) Enter the following command at the command line:
    sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.security.smartcard DisabledTokens -array com.apple.CryptoTokenKit.pivtoken

jwngreen
Contributor
Contributor

yuleyl,

Thank you so much for your reply, that seems to be working for me.  Sorry it took me a while to test it but I really appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
ELG_Solitium
Contributor
Contributor

Hi!

I have the same problem, but with Linux Ubuntu and Hp Thinclient t420, every time I insert my smart card VMware Horizon closes.

How can I get a log file?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos