VMware Horizon Community
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Client Connection Error

When connecting the client I'm getting the following error:

"The assigned desktop source for this desktop is not currently available"

The vdt is avaliable, updated with the current tools, has my user account assigned to it. I'm missing something but figure it out.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kapil84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

go to below link for installation of view agent:

https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/index.php?p=vmware-view5&lp=default

If you have vmware account then login and then look for VMware View Agent (32 / 64-bit) depending on your desktop windows operating system.

and then install and run it will resolve you connection related problem.

Because if you dint install view agent on your desktop machine then you cant access virtual desktop through view client.

View agent is mandatory to installed on your windows desktop Virtual machine.

Once you installed the view agent on your windows desktop machine then you have to restart it and also you have to redo new pool configuration from view connection broker.

Regards,

KB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The status shows as available in the view administrator?    If that's the case I would disable the firewall on your local client and try that.  

0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The status is "waiting for agent"

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

That means the agent isn't communicating with the broker so in the broker's opionion the desktop isn't available.   I would check the connection betweeh agent and broker, dns, and firewalls. 

0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok, I'm a bit confused. The agent is getting to the view server because I can logon, I see the available desktop altho is's showing the pool name. When I select it and click connect is when I get the error.

Are you saying that I should the desktop name in this window and not the pool name?

I thought it was a perms issue but I have double checked them. I have the windows firewall turned off for both the view administrator server and vconnect server.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your client is getting to the view server not the agent.    Did you install the agent on the VDI machine?   

The agent goes on the VDI machine and it communiates with the connection brokers.  You login to the connection brokers with the client, authenticate, get your entitled pools.   Then the broker tries to connect the client to the VDI machine but it has to be able to communicate with the agent to do that.

0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well I'm completely missing part of the equation here. I don't remember anything about an agent install when setting up the view server. Even though I'm using a set of vm desktops I already created and mapping users directly to them I need to install a view agent on them? Where to I get the agent?

I can imagine the look on your face when reading this, sorry for the lack of knowledge but I really appreciate your time investment on this.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The agent has to be installed on the VDI machine not the server.   It should be available from the same site the client was downloaded.

0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok I can't find the agent. When I goto the url for the view server the only avaliable download in the client, not the agent. Can you get me a bit further?

0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok, I misunderstood. I found the dl on the vmware.com site. Thanks for all your help.

0 Kudos
Kapil84
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi

go to below link for installation of view agent:

https://www.vmware.com/tryvmware/index.php?p=vmware-view5&lp=default

If you have vmware account then login and then look for VMware View Agent (32 / 64-bit) depending on your desktop windows operating system.

and then install and run it will resolve you connection related problem.

Because if you dint install view agent on your desktop machine then you cant access virtual desktop through view client.

View agent is mandatory to installed on your windows desktop Virtual machine.

Once you installed the view agent on your windows desktop machine then you have to restart it and also you have to redo new pool configuration from view connection broker.

Regards,

KB

0 Kudos