VMware Horizon Community
Tedster7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View Client 5.4 and Agent 7.9 Bug with Main Display and Mouse Scrolling

I'm not sure if VMware monitors this forum or not, but I discovered a bug with View 7.9 around setting the main display and mouse scrolling.  This issue occurs with  a dual monitor setup, if you make your right monitor the Main Display from the Display settings of a Windows 10 laptop.  When connecting to a View desktop, the View Client tool bar should now be at the top of the right monitor, but it's not -- it's on the left side.  In addition to this, if one uses the mouse scroll on the left monitor, it will now scroll whatever happens to be on the right display.  This does not happen if you scroll on the right monitor.

Most people leave the left display as their default, so not surprised if no one else has encountered this.  I didn't start having this problem until upgrading from an older version of View -- don't remember the exact version but it was approximately one year old.  I have only tested this with one WIn10 laptop and one Win10 View VDI session so not sure yet if it's easily reproducible...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tedster7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Mickeybyte2​ - thank you for drawing my attention to your post as I did not see it.  I had all my attention focused on the Win10 VDI, View Agent, VMware Tools, etc and did not think that it might be related to the newer View Client 5.4 that I had upgraded at the same time.  I tried the just released newer 5.4.1 Client and that did not help my issue.  Not really a surprise as there was nothing in the 5.4.1 release notes about mouse issues.  I then rolled back to the View Client 5.3 and my issue has disappeared.  Thanks for providing the bread crumb I needed to get the resolution I needed.  There's no features I need in the 5.4 Client so will just stick with 5.3 for now.

Take care,

Tedster

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Tedster7​,

Please have a look at a similar issue I posted last week. I see some similarities here...

I did not notice where the top bar is because it's autohiding, but I do have my primary monitor on the right and I'm experiencing strange scrolling issues, but only when using Horizon Client 5.4.0 (we also have Horizon 7.9).

(zhanglin999​, did you see this post?)

Michiel.

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
Tedster7
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hey Mickeybyte2​ - thank you for drawing my attention to your post as I did not see it.  I had all my attention focused on the Win10 VDI, View Agent, VMware Tools, etc and did not think that it might be related to the newer View Client 5.4 that I had upgraded at the same time.  I tried the just released newer 5.4.1 Client and that did not help my issue.  Not really a surprise as there was nothing in the 5.4.1 release notes about mouse issues.  I then rolled back to the View Client 5.3 and my issue has disappeared.  Thanks for providing the bread crumb I needed to get the resolution I needed.  There's no features I need in the 5.4 Client so will just stick with 5.3 for now.

Take care,

Tedster

0 Kudos
zhanglin999
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yeah, I see this. I just PM you about the build with possible fix and debug information. Please note me if you have any update. Thanks very much for your patient help. 🙂

--zhanglin

0 Kudos
YunYiQun
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Our QE reproduced the mouse scroll issue when main display is set on the right monitor. And it will be addressed in the coming 5.4.2.

Thanks for reporting this issue.