VMware Horizon Community
bunchma
Contributor
Contributor

View Client 4.5 and Silent Installation - No Reboot

I am attempting to deliver the View 4.5 Client to several machines, but the systems continue to reboot after the installation. I am using the following commandline:

VMware-viewclient-x86_64-4.5.0-293049.exe /s /v /qn RebootYesNo="No" VDM_SERVER= ADDLOCAL=Core,TSSO,USB DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 STARTMENU_SHORTCUT=1

I have also tried all of the standard installer options including /norestart & REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS without any success. Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Not sure if its a typo, but it should be 2 P in "reallysuppress" and you only have one...

Did you try that?

Here is the kb:

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=101878...

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
bunchma
Contributor
Contributor

I used this and it worked successfully without the reboot. Has to use both reboot options.

VMware-viewclient-x86_64-4.5.0-293049.exe /s /v /qn RebootYesNo="No" REBOOT="ReallySuppress" VDM_SERVER= ADDLOCAL=Core,TSSO,USB DESKTOP_SHORTCUT=1 STARTMENU_SHORTCUT=1

0 Kudos