VMware Horizon Community
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Agent Update to 4.6 Error

So here is the details on the problem I'm having.

I have View 4.6 setup on a Windows 2008 Connection server paired with a WIndows 2003 R2 security server.  We have a pool of 5 view desktops running Windows XP SP3. We had everything up to date at version 4.6, except the view agent.  We were able to connect with the agent at version 4.5 the only problem we had was some USB redirecton issues.  When i upgrade to Version 4.6 thats when the problems start.  I ran the install which appeared to go smoothly.  However after the reboot the status on the VM hangs at Startup for around 3-5 minutes then comes back with a configuration error.

When i try to connect to it it tells me that the display protocol is currently blocked by a firewall. At first this just appears like a simple fix but this is all on an internal network.  PCoIP is the protocol we're using and we were having no problems before so i know the firewall isn't blocking it.  Is there something that i need to change on the agent install to fix this or what?

Thanks for your help.

SB

0 Kudos
8 Replies
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

Have you gone into the View admin settings and checked the box for PCoIP at the gateway? I'm not sure if that would help, but it's something to check for.

sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Now this is interesting.  Because again I know PCoIP was working before and on the security server it says it is enabled.  On the connection server it says it is not and when I try to enable it I get the following error.

Warning: This connection server or one of its paired security servers does not have a PCoIP Secure Gateway installed. Ensure that this configuration is correct for your intended use of PCoIP.

I know that it has the gateway installed thats why i'm confused as to why the connection server can't see it.

SB

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

If this is all LAN based then is the security server portion even applicable?   Wouldn't you take the security server out of the equation and just go through the connection broker?  

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Just wanted to add if you are going through the security server then in order to utilize PCOIP Secure gateway the security server must be on X64 2008 R2.    Page 12 of the upgrade guide.

http://www.vmware.com/pdf/view-46-upgrades.pdf

0 Kudos
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes thats true you can just remove it from the equation but one way or another I'm still not getting PCoIP delivered to the view client.  I belive i just ran into a solution while reviewing the release notes.  I'm working on the fix right now and will report back if it works.

SB

0 Kudos
sbrousse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So basically its my own fault. In reading the release notes i saw that the install of the agent must be done via the recompose rather than manual install on each desktop.  Because we only just implemented View I was cautious about upgrading and losing unique user data.  Because i did it manually i got the error that ruined it.

I did the install via the View Composer and it works perfectly now, including unique user data.  Moral of the story, trust the product.  Smiley Happy

SB

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Great news. 

0 Kudos
theandyorr
Contributor
Contributor

Glad to hear. 

0 Kudos