VMware Horizon Community
NeilBarnes
Contributor
Contributor

View Agent 6.2.0 Ports and Communications

HI All

Having a strange issue with Linked Clones which are being created over two domains using two way trust.

I am using Server2008R2 as a Desktop OS, whenever the machines are created they are added to the client domain fine, and the machines created in vcenter and the pool ok BUT in view administrator I get a Error of View Agent cannot communicate with the connection broker.

Looking at NetStat the ports are in a time_wait state. If I reinstall the agent on one of the linked cloned machines, everything works fine, netstat shows as listening and connection server is showing machine as available.

I recreated my golden image and reinstalled tools and agent but still not working. Ive added port 4002 to the firewall but I am not using any message mode options.

If I install Agent 6.0.1 (FP 6.0.2) everything is fine and machine state is "Available" first time.

Everything is View Horizon 6.2.0

Vcenter and Esx are  5.1.0, 880146

Whats changed from Agent 6.0.1 to 6.2.0?

What is reinstalling the Agent doing to allow that port to be "listening"?

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the status of the Windows Firewall service? Stopped, Started, Disabled? Also, is the Firewall enabled if the service is started?

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos