VMware Horizon Community
arisaperstein
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View Agent 3.1 and Softricity 4.2.2.15 on XP-32bit SP3

I am trying to create a base image for a linked clone desktop. I install the View Agent and the desktop is fine. I then install the Softricity Agent 4.2.2.15. When I reboot the VM, I log in and get no desktop. I have to hit CTRL-ALT-DLT run task manager and do "New Task" , explorer in order to get the dekstop. As soon as I remove one or the other, the VM works just fine. I have even tried not installing different pieces of the View Agent install but to no avail.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Ari

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
mrben
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same problem with the APPV 4.5 Cu1 client. There is a View 3.1 release doc that hints at issues with APPV and that the View 3.1 Agent should always be installed last...

This didn't work for me...

However I've got round it.. once you've got explorer running run regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and look for a key called "Userinit"

In my case the Userinit key looked like this "C\Program Files\VMware View\Agent\bin\wssm.exe","C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdcc.exe"

I added C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe to the begining of the string and it did the trick for me.....

I then found a key called WssmUserInit that was trying to run userinit.exe and sftdcc.exe (This key wasnt on any of my VDM's with view 3.01) so it looks like the View agent is trying to do its "stuff" first and it's going "wonky"

0 Kudos
mrben
Contributor
Contributor

Update:

I found that in my earlier solution wssm.exe doesnt run so the View Administrator Console doesnt see any active sessions...not good.

So I went back to the registry...

Removed my earlier addition and changed the value data to read "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client\sftdcc.exe","C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Agent\bin\wssm.exe"

(in other words I swapped the appv and vmware bits)

It now works as it's supposed to....

0 Kudos
Zsoldier
Expert
Expert

Have you seen this issue with the 3.1.2 agent as well? I'm running into the same issue where the Admin Console is not seeing active sessions, the 3.0.1.753 agent is working though.

K. Chris Nakagaki (Zsoldier)

http://tech.zsoldier.com

Message was edited by: Zsoldier

Chris Nakagaki (中垣浩一)
Blog: https://tech.zsoldier.com
Twitter: @zsoldier
0 Kudos
mrben
Contributor
Contributor

I havent got round to trying out the 3.1.2 agent yet, however you'll probably find it's down to wssm.exe not running. If I were you I'd have a look at autoruns from the sysinternals site.. It's helped me out when the APP-V and VMware view clients dont play nice...

0 Kudos