VMware Horizon Community
rafcom
Contributor
Contributor

View Administrator Console Extremely Slow

We have an on premises deployment of VMware Horizon 7.0.2 and I am finding that the administrator console is slow to the point of it almost not being use-able. I did some research and found that this may be related to the Java Heap Size on the Connection Server. Initially, we hadn't provisioned a lot of physical memory for the connection server. The intention was always to expand later but I have read the the Java Heap Size is directly related to the physical memory on the server. I have since upgraded the RAM on that server to the recommended 10GBs but the view admin console still seems extremely slow. I was hoping to check the java heap size on the connection server but I can't get access to the logs. It says access denied. Is this because I need to use the designated View service user to check the logs? Does it sound like my problem is the java heap size? Or is there possibly something else going on here? Other than this, the deployment is proceeding quite smoothly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nzorn
Expert
Expert

After you have given your View Connection server the proper amount of resources (CPU/RAM) you will need to uninstall and re-install the Connection server as it does resource checks during the install.

0 Kudos
rafcom
Contributor
Contributor

Well I'd really like to avoid that. Is there any way to manually resize the Java Heap? Also, according to this KB Connection server does not have to be re-installed to get the desired changes. Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.0

0 Kudos