VMware Horizon Community
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

View 7 and USB redirection, is it working for you?

We are a K-12 school district and in mid July we upgraded from View 6.2.1 to View 7.0.1. This past week we started getting help tickets about USB redirection not working. I opened a support case with VMWare and after working for quite some time we did not come up with a solution. Today I uninstalled the View 7.0.1 agent and installed the View 6.2.1 agent. After recomposing, USB redirection now works.

Do you have any experience with View 7 and USB redirection?

I did notice that View 7.0.2 was released yesterday. Is there a possibility this might fix this issue?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I upgraded to View 7.0.2 which meant upgrading Composer, Connection Servers, and the View Agent. After recomposing, USB redirection is still not working. The work around for me is to uninstall the View 7.0.2 agent and install the 6.2.x agent. I have a feeling this might have something to do with a security mismatch in terms of SSL/TLS

0 Kudos
gshi
Contributor
Contributor

Which horizon client you are using?  I recommend horizon client 4.2 that works with horizon7.0.2 agent.

0 Kudos
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

It does not make any difference which client we use. We have tried the 4.2 and some older clients and USB redirection does not work for any of them

0 Kudos