VMware Horizon Community
DanLeeHawkinsIn
Contributor
Contributor

View 7.8 - Windows 10 1809 - SSO - CTRL-ALT-Del issue

I have a pool that is ready to go for deployment except that when a user logs in, they have to press CTRL-ALT-DEL to continue the SSO process. I have another pool with the same GPOs applied and this does not happen, but it is an older version of Windows (1703 I believe).   I've attached a video showing the issue. I have an SR open on this but they haven't responded. I suspect it is a simple thing I've missed so I'm hoping someone can throw me a bone. Thanks!

https://communities.vmware.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/39676-102-1-53040/CAD-Issue-Horizon.m...

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

What are you using for SSO? We've seen this behavior when the Userinit key is wrong when a third-party logon process is used for MFA/SSO.

0 Kudos
Rdiaz29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Recently had the same issue with View 7.12 and a brand new Windows 1909 parent VM. I did the following:

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We have this issue on Windows 10 1909 and have an active SR on it. However, it is very intermittent. Once it happens, the user is impacted throughout the session until they get a new desktop.

They reconnect, presented with CTRL+ALT+DEL / lock screen, they hit CTRL+ALT+DEL and they are immediately presented the desktop. As soon as they disconnect / reconnect, it happens to them again. It appears that CTRL+ALT+DEL is not being received correctly, as we see that it attempts it successfully in the logs.

Curious to hear if yours is also intermittent or if it happens on every single reconnect.

-Nick

0 Kudos
jallis83
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Did anyone solve this problem?

0 Kudos
nburton935
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Still have a SR with support on this issue. They gave us a sandbox build to test with but the issue still intermittently occurs so we just sent them more logs this week. Really hoping it gets resolved soon as users are not too happy.

-Nick

0 Kudos
jallis83
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like this could be a fix for ctrl+alt+del screen at reconnect.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
SoftwareSASGeneration
Value: 1 set it to 0

In my case the ctrl+alt+del screen do not aper on our win10 1909 at reconnect anymore.

A local Group policy was activated, created a gpo and changed it to none stoped showing ctrl+alt+del at reconnect.

1. Group policy : Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Logon Options.
  2.  Disable or enable software Secure Attention Sequence.

https://getadmx.com/?Category=Windows_10_2016&Policy=Microsoft.Policies.WindowsLogon2::SoftwareSASGe...

Not sure if it would help or is the same probelm, just sharing 🙂

0 Kudos
alex17pat
Contributor
Contributor

I searched on every forum on internet and eventually end up fixing this by checking your keyboard / language.

0 Kudos