VMware Horizon Community
ibitebcareful
Contributor
Contributor

View 7.2 and Tera1 Zero Clients

Hello All,

I'll be as brief as possible here.  I have MANY Tera1 PCoIP Monitors - LG.  I do not want to replace them unless I absolutely have to.  I recently built a Horizon 7.2 infrastructure.  The VM's are linked clones - Windows 7 - 64bit.  I have one View Connection Server (VCS) and No Security Server.  Currently using View Agent 7.2.  I am receiving the following error on my Tera1 devices which are running Firmware 4.2.0 - "Session negotiation failed.  The Zero Client may not be compatible with the host session negotiation cipher setting."  I have done a good amount of research and found this thread https://communities.teradici.com/questions/3165/view-62tera1-cipher-negotiation-workaround.html  and have followed it as much as possible with no results.  I've tried to contact Teradici and their website is a mess - their phones are not working and I can no longer log into their community.  On a test VM I have also downgraded to Agent 6.4.2 and upgraded the Tera1 to Firmware 4.7.1 - I still cannot get it to work.

Has anyone gotten a Tera1 Zero Client to work with Horizon 7?  (I understand it is unsupported).  Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

-Mike

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MartinE11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello ibitebcareful

We do use a few tera1 zeros FW 4.7.1 with Horizon 7.2 and it does work. However to get it running the upgrade to 4.7.1 and the implementation of the steps in your provided link was mandatory. In my opinion if you followed the steps correctly it should work.

All I can recommend is to make sure your VDI-Desktops did refresh their GPO and the registry key is changed correctly.

0 Kudos