Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View 7.2 Application Pool Problems

Hi,

Horizon View Administrator 7.2

Composer Automated RDSH Farms

Servers 2012 R2 & 2016 (fully updated)

I have two problems happening on my application pools.  Some are manual pools, but happens on both.  Logging on in client and html has same result.

1. launching app receive "Bring Attention Required to Front" before application loads.  Takes a up to a minute to load.
  2. creates a temp profile on server 2016 instead of user profile.

This is happening on Server 2016.

I have applications on a Server 2012 R2.  Still receives #1. error but loads user profile, which in reading temp profiles were a problem at one time with 2012 R2.

Has anyone had this problem?  Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Galder56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware has no fix as of now.  Maybe 7.4 but I am not hopeful.  Have brought down time by exclusions with our anti-virus and slimming down the Gold before snapping.  Have a turn around of approximately 20 seconds. What sort of apps are you using?  Web apps with IE have pretty dialed in.

Users are getting remnants when using HTML access and looking towards trying client access instead.  No clear answer and no clear fix.

Worked with techs for over a month so I would say your on your own.

Just tighten down as best you can.  Part of our issue was our anti-virus which is Sophos and there is a fix out there.

Still get Bring Attention to front.  But load times are significantly better after working with it for several months.  Not that impressed with the HTML access.  Has not worked well with the applications we need to use.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to reach out.  If your using Sophos I can send you the KB article.

Cheers and best of luck.

Gayla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
martinmxt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

have you found a solution for this behaviour?

On View 7.2 we had the made the same experience on Win 2k8 R2 RDSH.

After upgrading to View 7.3.2 the issue still exists.

Additonally on Win 2012 R2 the application doesn't get startet after displaying this message (full desktop to the same RDSH is working).

br

martin

0 Kudos
Galder56
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMware has no fix as of now.  Maybe 7.4 but I am not hopeful.  Have brought down time by exclusions with our anti-virus and slimming down the Gold before snapping.  Have a turn around of approximately 20 seconds. What sort of apps are you using?  Web apps with IE have pretty dialed in.

Users are getting remnants when using HTML access and looking towards trying client access instead.  No clear answer and no clear fix.

Worked with techs for over a month so I would say your on your own.

Just tighten down as best you can.  Part of our issue was our anti-virus which is Sophos and there is a fix out there.

Still get Bring Attention to front.  But load times are significantly better after working with it for several months.  Not that impressed with the HTML access.  Has not worked well with the applications we need to use.

If you have anymore questions please feel free to reach out.  If your using Sophos I can send you the KB article.

Cheers and best of luck.

Gayla

0 Kudos