VMware Horizon Community
ITVisionIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 7.1.0 - VGPU Desktop Pool Limit?

Hello,

Is there a limit to the number of vGPU Desktops pools in View 7.1.0?

I am attempting to create a Manual VM Pool for use with NVIDIA GRID VGPU.  I have selected the 3D Rendering Option, however when I got to select the VMs to add to the pool they are not appearing in the list.  If I select "show all virtual machines", the VM appears in the list but has an alert on it:  "NVIDIA GRID GPU support does not match desktop setting"

Here is the odd thing, I have an existing pool with the EXACT same pool settings, just different user access assignment, and I am able to add that VM to the pool without any issues.

I am hoping someone could shed some light on this issue.

Thank You

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

The limits on the vGPU's that can be assigned: Documentation for VMware Horizon 7 version 7.1

That seems a little different than the question asked, let me know if answers it.

Here is some steps that were found:

1. Go to parent machine, right click and go to Edit Settings.
  2. Add a new PCI 0 device.
  3. For the PCI device, choose "NVIDIA GRID vGPU".

The driver will need to be installed on the parent machine before creating the pool.

Let me know if this helps.

ITVisionIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

I was going to remove this post and I noticed your reply.  For whatever reason, I went back into my Horizon Administrator console and created the vGPU pool again and the VMs properly showed up and being and option to select.

Thank you for the response.

0 Kudos