VMware Horizon Community
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 7.0.2 - scanner redirection doesn't work for TWAIN

Hi,

I have problems with TWAIN scanner redirection. Scanner works on local machine, but not inside VDI.

As you can see on the screenshot the scanner is detected and selected in "scanner redirection for vmware horizon" but it is not visible under either "Devices and printers" or "Device Manager". Also if I try to scan in various applications all reports that they can not find scanner.

pastedImage_0.png

If select the same scanner under WIA scanner redirection, then scanning will work, but the applications see scaner as "vmware virtual wia scanner".

So here are my questions:

1) why is single scanner shown under both scanner redirection options ?

2) How to tshoot scanner redirection, especially TWAIN part. (It works on local machine)

3) How should I see scanner in VDI if it would work properly with twain scanner redirection ? Would it be shown under "Devices and printers" or inside device manager ?

4) Currently there is only "VMware virtual WIA scanner" under device manager. Should be there also "VMware virtual TWAIN scanner" ? And that this is the source of my problems ?

Tnx

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone, anything ?

At least what it should look like when the things are working. I am looking at the documentation and it is very vague.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Here is explanation by peterbrown05 and chengs:

VMWare Horizon View 6.0.2 Scanner Redirection Caveats

So the scanner redirection for TWAIN works, it it just not obvious/well documented.

Maybe should VMware rename "VMware virtual WIA scanner" into just "VMware virtual scanner" to not misled users that this is only WIA scanning device. And improve documentation on scanner redirection part.

Tnx

0 Kudos