VMware Horizon Community
GROOVYJOSH1975
Contributor
Contributor

View 6 - force user to server without using entitlements (same idea as a sticky session through a load balancer)

I have 50 users with 4 Server 2012 RDS hosts in 1 farm using Horizon View 6 with a security group bound through an entitlement to the farm. Users sign in and are members of the security group tied to the entitlement to the farm so they are directed to any 1 of the 4 back-end RDS hosts. Of those 50 users, I want 10 users to be set "sticky" to one server in the farm for high resource usage and performance reasons and not round robin to any of the hosts. Is this possible to do without using multiple farms and multiple entitlements and if so, how? I would prefer NOT to have to create separate farms and entitlements for those users but I cannot find out how to do this without using this method. The clients connect mainly through PCoIP with a few using the View app through Windows and MAC. The main users are connected through PCoIP using Teradici devices.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello, I see you have the request pending for quite some time. You can reach out to support by filing a SR with them, heres how to do it :

How to file a Support Request in My VMware (2006985) | VMware KB

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos
GROOVYJOSH1975
Contributor
Contributor

Its fine, I dont need a TAC case created. I worked a way around it by enabling/disabling hosts in the farm when needed. It is not the preferred method but it still works.

0 Kudos