VMware Horizon Community
rellis123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 6 Upgrade including EUC Access Point

Hello

I have a 2-part question:

Firstly, I detail my current deployment and upgrade plans below, and would be grateful if anyone is willing to sanity-check this approach. We want to know that everything will keep working as we stage the updates and patches.

Secondly, we currently use EUC Access Point 2.0.0.0 Build 2939373. As part of the VIEW upgrade I would like to upgrade the EUC to version 2.5.1, but (a) I don't know how to upgrade/patch an EUC AP, and can't find any documentation explaining how it is done; and (b) I'm not sure whether I need to upgrade the EUC AP at a particular point in time relative to the other upgrades I am carrying out.

Current Deployment

VIEW 6 Standard 6.2.2 Build 3508079

running on

ESXi 6.0.0 Build 3620759 (6.0 Update 2)

running on HP Proliant Gen9 Servers

Our VIEW Desktops are already running View Agents v6.2.3 even though the VIEW Connection Servers are v6.2.2

We do not use Security Servers, Transfer Servers and we do not use VIEW Composer.

We do use Infinio on the ESXi hosts, but the guys at Infinio are encouraging us to patch those hosts anyway, so I'm confident that that is no problem.

Upgrade Plan

(1) Update ESXi Proliant Hosts to 6.0 Patch 4 Build 4600944

We are aware of an issue when Update Manager is used to update Proliant Gen9 hosts, so we will carry out an offline/manual upgrade to Patch 4

(2) Update each VIEW Connection Server to VIEW 6.2.3 (latest build)

(3) Update Access Point to version 2.5.1 [how? and is it correct to do this after everything else?]

thanks

Robert

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pchapman
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Make sure to upgrade the components in the correct order: https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=21097...

Also, you don't upgrade Access Point, you re-deploy a new appliance and delete the old one.  You'll probably need to get the new Powershell script configured with your cert, etc, I don't think the script method was used when 2.0 first came out (though I could be wrong)

Using PowerShell to Deploy VMware Access Point

0 Kudos