VMware Horizon Community
lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

View 6 - Adding a RDS Application I cannot see this RDS Application in View Client

Hi,

I wants to test the functionality of adding MS hostes RDS applications to my View Administrator.

I added one RDS farm with one RDS host successfully.

After that I added some applications to the "application pools" and entitled them to some users.

But if I log in to the Horizon View client (3.0.0 build-1887158), I only see the View desktop pools?

I also tested publishing MS RDS desktops - this works also fine.

Only the RDS applications I cannot see in the View client.

Maybe somebody have an idea, that could be wrong??

Best Regards,

Andre

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Are you using a license type that doesn't have application remoting support? This should be listed in the license section of the admin UI.

Without it you are still able to set everything up, but application entries will be filtered from clients.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Are you using a license type that doesn't have application remoting support? This should be listed in the license section of the admin UI.

Without it you are still able to set everything up, but application entries will be filtered from clients.

lookandfeel
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Oh ### - that's awkward for me.

Wrong licence key with Application Remoting license "disabled" :-(.

I haven't seen this.

I just tried a trial key with Application Remoting license "enabled", and now it works...!!

Thank you very much for your helpful response!

Best Regards,

Andre

0 Kudos
maxel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thx for this info.. i've searched for an reason for that since 2 h now Smiley Sad

Guys at VMware..please... if i do not have the required licence.. than grey out the Application Pool Section and don't let me customize anything !! Or give me a hint there!!

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Sorry for the inconvenience, it is listed on the license page but I agree that there should not be possible to create the Application Pool without the correct license.

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
maxel
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please make an Feature Request about that.. Thx..

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I have limited say in what is going in to the product but I'll do my best, I would also recommend to submit a feature request here: Contact VMware | United States

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos