VMware Horizon Community
Steve661
Contributor
Contributor

View 6.2 Persona Profiles

Hi, We recently upgraded from View 6.0.1 to 6.2. We have automated floating desktop pools and make use of Persona Profile Management. In all previous version and throughout upgrades, we have been able to upgrad ethe View agent and the ADM GPO templates and maintain the same Persona Profiles. Our Persona Profiles are on a network location, but we use the AD profile path (for roaming profiles), rather than stating the path in the GPO. This allows users to log onto either physical PC's using their roaming profile or VDI using their persona profile, which is actually the same profile.

Since the upgrade to View 6.2, our profiles work fine as roaming profiles on physical PC's, but on VDI desktops the changes are not written to the network profile location on logout.

If I create a test desktop pool with the Persona profile path in the GPO, it works fine as a Persona only profile.

The View 6.2 upgrade documentation does not recommend using the profile path for both physical PC's and VDI persona profiles, but it is supported. I just don't understand what has changed, but I have hundreds of users whose profiles are effectively read only....can anyone help please???

0 Kudos
2 Replies
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Looks like need time to investigate. Are you able to open support tiket?

0 Kudos
Steve661
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thank you for your response. I have now opened a support ticket. I have been asked to run a share validation tool (VMWVvpValidator.exe) on the persona profile share location. I have run this and the results look okay, which you would expect as the UNC path/share location has been in use fine on previous versions.

I have also been asked to clone our base image to consolidate the number of snapshots. Then uninstall and re-install the 6.2 agent and recompose a desktop pool, rename a user profile and logon as that user to create a new profile (still using the AD profile path). I suspect this will work, as I am being told the profiles are likely to be corrupt. However, they are working from physical PC's, so I believe it is related to the updated agent rather than corruption of the profiles. I will post later with these results, if this works it will be a real pain to recreate all users' profiles and migrate content from the old profiles!

0 Kudos