VMware Horizon Community
eddyccl
Contributor
Contributor

[View 6.1] How to Correctly Configure Connection and Security servers for External Access

Hi All,

I am currently setting up a testing environment which allows me to test on Remote Desktop Hosted application. My environment setup is:

- View 6.1

- 1 x Connection Server

- 1 x Security Server

- 1 x RDS Farm

With my current connection and security server setup (see the picture below), i can connect to connection server when I am connecting to local LAN network.

Connection Server:

vcs.png

Security Server:

vs.png

But when I try to connect from external through security server from windows View Client 3.3, I got the error below after I passed the login while on my android phone my app launched just fine.

error.png

And if I unchecked the HTTPS and Blast Secure Tunnel option, my windows client works fine. Is this the way it should be configured when I want to access from external network via desktop client? Or there is some possible configuration is not correctly configured?

vcs2.png

I have port 4172 (TCP & UDP), 443, and 8443 opened from my router which points to security server. Also have connection and security server turned off for troubleshooting purposes. Need some advices and appreciate for the help.

Thanks

Eddyc

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
olgaks
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! Does your SS external network card use same DNS as local network?

My external DNS do not resolve FQDN SS.

0 Kudos
eddyccl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi olgaks,

Yes, my ss server using same DNS server. And I have manually modified my host files to resolve the external url on my client.

Thank you

0 Kudos
glennvelsol
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would double check your ports and use a port checker to absolutely ensure all those ports are open.

I would also open a ticket with vmware if you're not running the trial.

0 Kudos