VMware Horizon Community
ambautista
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 5 with multiple AD environments.

We would like to deploy VMware View 5/Unidesk 1.6 with support for multiple AD environments. We already have View 5, Unidesk and VCenter deployed in Domain A and working. We would now like to deloy View desktops with Unidesk integration for Domain B but only using one management console for VMware View, VCenter and Unidesk that works for Domain A & Domain B.

Domain B may be a separate AD Forest and Domain or just a sub-domain (child domain in Domain A). I've read that VMware View may support two separate AD Forests if there is a two-way transitive trust relationship between Domain A and Domain B.  Is this true?  Has anyone actually tried this?

Do you know if this will work with Unidesk? We are running Unidesk version 1.6 with VSphere 5 and View 5 on ESxi 5.00 servers with backend FCoE 10g backend storage.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vLarus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Oh I have tried this multiple times and tried every setup I could think of regarding this domain issue.

I recently tried to get response from VMware regarding support for non-trust domains but they said "Maybe in future releases".

I would really like to have Microsoft Federation Services to be supported in View. That would increase the chance to be able to create a real DaaS.

But enough of me rambling about my problems Smiley Happy

The only thing you will need to make this work is a two way trust. Creating and managing VM's will be in the same mangament console, same vCenter (as users can be authenticated on the other domain).

I have not been able to get my hands dirty with Unidesk but I can't think of anyhting that would break the setup as two -way trust means two-way authenication.

Good luck.

vmice.net

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vLarus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Oh I have tried this multiple times and tried every setup I could think of regarding this domain issue.

I recently tried to get response from VMware regarding support for non-trust domains but they said "Maybe in future releases".

I would really like to have Microsoft Federation Services to be supported in View. That would increase the chance to be able to create a real DaaS.

But enough of me rambling about my problems Smiley Happy

The only thing you will need to make this work is a two way trust. Creating and managing VM's will be in the same mangament console, same vCenter (as users can be authenticated on the other domain).

I have not been able to get my hands dirty with Unidesk but I can't think of anyhting that would break the setup as two -way trust means two-way authenication.

Good luck.

vmice.net
0 Kudos