VMware Horizon Community
lbragg
Contributor
Contributor

View 5 upgrade questions

Just a few quick questions for those of you that have upgraded to View 5.

We are currently on View 4.6 with ESXi 4.1 U1 running on our hosts with VCenter 4.1 as well.

I am not planning on upgrading ESXi on the hosts or the Vcenter to v5 yet,  however--vmware support has recommended that i go ahead and upgrade my connection servers and desktop agents to 5.

Has anyone done this?

The main question i have is once i upgrade the connection servers will our existing virtual machines with the 4.6 agent still connect until i have had time to upgrade them as well?

Also has anyone found a good way to automatically push the new view agent to all virtual desktops without having to actually log into them and do it manually?  Any tips?

We are "not" using linked clones on most of our users--so recomposing is not an option.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

1:     Per the interoperability guide  you can have View 5 running on View  4.1 update 1 no problem.  http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/sim/interop_matrix.php

2:     The agent should connect with no issues at all.

3:     How do you typically deliver software?    If you can't use your typical means of updating software maybe you can use something like a GPO to push it out.

0 Kudos
amandasmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Very useful information thanks for sharing

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else
0 Kudos