VMware Horizon Community
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

View 5 customization scripts not running

Hey all,

I've got a 64bit windows 7 customization script (both a .bat file and a .cmd file version of the same thing) that currently is two lines long.  What it does is:

ran >> gupdate.txt

gpupdate

basically I am just trying to have the script create a txt file to tell me that the script ran and then update group policy.  Currently I am trying to run these scripts as post-synchronization scripts, but every time I recompose my clone pool, the scripts never run.  For some reason when I was running a view 4.5 environment, everything was working fine, but since I've built this new view 5 environment, the scripts never run.

Here are some details and troubleshooting steps I've already taken:

1) the path to the script is c:\scripts\ran.bat and c:\scripts\ran.cmd (both don't run)

2) I have already set the timeout value in the reg key on the parent parent vm from 20000 ms to 120000 ms

3) I read in the documentation that the local system account runs the view composer service which executes the customization script, so I gave the local system account admin access.

4) in my pool settings in the view admin, when it asks for synchronization script location, I just enter "c:\scripts\ran.bat" or "c:\scripts\ran.cmd" without the quotes around it.  I figure these don't need an interpreter so that should be fine.  Has anyone else experienced any problems like mine or know why my scripts are failing?  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vmwaredirectory
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Maibe you find a solution in my listings. There are also some PowerCLI scripts available which can do the job.

Let me know if it helped.

http://www.vmwaredirectory.com/index.php?option=com_mtree&Itemid=469&task=search&searchword=Customiz...

Manfred

Http://vmwaredirectory.com

0 Kudos
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Turns out the script actually was running, what I didn't realize is that even though it's running the script in the folder you specify (in my case, c:\scripts\), it's calling the script from a different location, so the txt file I had the batch file create was appearing there and not in the same folder as the batch.  By switching to the absolute path in the script, I can now see the results logged correctly.

0 Kudos