VMware Horizon Community
maelro
Contributor
Contributor

View 5 blackscreen disconnect after change network card

Hello,

I wanted to change my netwerk card frome e1000 to a vmxnet3 so a removed the network card added my new card but now i'm not abbel to connect to my desktop using pcoip. RDP is still working. when connecting to pcoip i get a black screen and it dissconnects affert that my desktop is un responsif for vsphere console. Have to wait a wile before is respons (rdp still working when stuck in vsphere console)

what i have tryed:

I used same mac adres as old card

I used diffecent mac adres on niew card

Using same ip addres

I reinstalled view agent

I readded in view admin page

added in new view pool in the view admin page

readded computer to domain

used different view server

This happend also when i clicked in my computer on remove hardware when i tested this in a new vm add niew card an no pcoip

i'm using view 5.0 server view agent 5.0.1 view client 5.0.1 vmware hardware version 7 windows 7 (not using hardware version 8 becouse: KB: 2010359)

any idea what can fix this since i want to change all my e1000 card to vmxnet 3 or 5 but since this cases for some problems i'm not sure i want to any more.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
maelro
Contributor
Contributor

I just reinstalled my vmware tools and view agent after this. still not working. after trying to connect to the desktop using pcoip it took 15min before my vm became responsife again if i look in the view admin page it sayed my desktop was connected

in affter trying to connect if i look at the preformance a can see that my memory went up to its max 3gb and cpu increase a lot 90% (1cpu 2 cores)

after 15min it was back to normale

i also readded my vm to the view admin page but did not have effect.

i also increased the amount of video memory(was 35,15mb uped to 100mb) and changed from 2 monitors to 4 to see if this solved the problem but still not working

in the view admin page a can see the following:

The pending session on machine DGL-V7-STOUT for user DGL\bjornstout has expired

before i connect in the view admin page its status is Availabel

as extra info i'm using 2 19" monitors(1280X1024)

0 Kudos