VMware Horizon Community
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor

View 5 Licenses

If i have 3 licenses each consisting of 10 VM's per license so 30 VM's in total for VMware 5 Enterprise i assume i need to enter those 3 licenses into View Manager when the install has completed and you launch View Administrator. When you enter the first license it accepts fine but i thought there would be an add button to add the other 2 licenses, do i need to enter all 3 licenses into View Manager one after each other ?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

You can only add one license key into View.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, so how does View Manager know you are licensed for 30 VM's if i only enter one key for 10 VM's.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

It's on the honor system as View Admin will not limit your sessions.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running vSphere 4 for Desktop and ESX 4.1 I upgraded View 4.6 to v5.0 U1 as it's supported but i'm not ready to upgrade to vCenter 5 and ESXI 5.0

Will my VMware View still work OK without any licensing problems. I do have upgrade keys available for vSphere 5 Desktop and vCenter but i know i cannot enter those keys in until i upgrade to v5.0. Just want to be sure all my View clients are going to be OK as i do have 30 licenses but only entered one block of 10 into View Manager configuration

0 Kudos