VMware Horizon Community
ml3000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

View 5 Error 18 Unable to join to domain with win7 parent vm

I have installed our required software, installed the agent, added the parent to the domain and when i go to create the pool i eventually get the error 18 saying that it was unable to attach the machine to the domain. If i look under active directory on our sbs 2003 server it shows that the machine is there but when i try to log into the console under vsphere i get the error that says "The security databse on the server does not have the compouter account for this workstation trust relationship." I see alot of fixes for this but those tend to deal with windows xp images.

I also went ahead and tried creating the registry entry for the "NeutralizeNT4Emulator" which didnt work as well as manually setting the default gateway and the dns server.

Should i turn off the firewall service on our parent vms? I tried that with no luck either but i thought i would ask.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

it may be due to the incompatible composer version, View Composer 2.6 is not compatible with the View Agent 5.0. Refer this KB http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006879

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
npeter
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Are you able to add these machines to domain manually by logging in via vsphere client?

-nObLe
0 Kudos
ml3000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

If i log into the machines as the local user and change them to a workgroup (because they are already showing like they are on the domain), then reboot then add them to the domain then yes i can manually add them to the domain.

0 Kudos
Sreejesh_D
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

it may be due to the incompatible composer version, View Composer 2.6 is not compatible with the View Agent 5.0. Refer this KB http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006879

0 Kudos
ml3000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

That was it! Thank you! The new composer upgrade was a pain in the ass but I got it to work eventually! Again Thank you!

0 Kudos