VMware Horizon Community
epoch71
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.3 / SCCM 2012 - Constantly changing GUIDs

Hi all

I noticed recently that I'm not getting any hardware inventory from a selection of machines that we manage via SCCM 2012 SP1.  Specifically, all machines that are hosted on a Horizon View platform at one of our locations.

All physical devices (laptops/desktops), wherever they may be, are happily reporting in.  Likewise, clients on another View platform at our main site are also reporting correctly.  It's just the ones on this one View platform that are not submitting HW inventory.

I noticed in the SCCM discovery logs that we're getting hundreds of messages like the following (all from machines on that View platform):

Discovery Data Manager has processed a discovery data record (DDR) for computer "MACHINE_A" with the SMS identifier of "GUID:<GUID_A>" which has reported a new hardware identifier of "<HW ID>". 1 existing records sharing this hardware identifier have been marked as obsolete.  The data in these records has been superseded by the data in the new record.

Possible cause: The operating system and ConfigMgr client have been reinstalled on this computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discovery Data Manager has processed a discovery data record (DDR) for computer "MACHINE_A" with the SMS identifier of "GUID:<GUID B>" which has reported a new hardware identifier of "<HW ID>". 1 existing records sharing this hardware identifier have been marked as obsolete.  The data in these records has been superseded by the data in the new record.

Possible cause: The operating system and ConfigMgr client have been reinstalled on this computer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discovery Data Manager has processed a discovery data record (DDR) for computer "MACHINE_A" with the SMS identifier of "GUID:<GUID C>" which has reported a new hardware identifier of "<HW ID>". 1 existing records sharing this hardware identifier have been marked as obsolete.  The data in these records has been superseded by the data in the new record.

In each case, the SCCM GUID differs, but the hardware ID is always the same.

I'm really at a loss to explain this.  I'm not seeing this occuring on clients on our other View platform.  I'm assured that the pool settings between both View platforms are identical (dedicated pools, up-front provisioning), as are the images used to create the virtual machines.  I'm not responsible for our View infrastructure, nor do I have much experience in it, but the onus is on me to prove this is not an SCCM issue.

So, any advice on what could be causing this issue would be gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
0 Replies