VMware Horizon Community
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

View 5.2 and View Agent v5.1.2 (Win v7)

Hi,

I am about to upgrade to View v5.2 from v5.1.2.  If I upgrade View Composer and View Connection Server to v5.2, will my VM's running View Agent v5.1.2 still connect to a Zero Client or will nobody be able to connect until the agents are also upgraded to v5.2?  I have read the documentation and it says 'Only during upgrade', so I am not sure exactly what this means.  I am running linked clones.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
meyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did this same upgrade and still have clients connected and running on the older agent.  Eventually you will want to recompose with the 5.2 agent but it will work.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
meyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did this same upgrade and still have clients connected and running on the older agent.  Eventually you will want to recompose with the 5.2 agent but it will work.

0 Kudos
TSher
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,  Thanks for your response.  I've done this in the past but as there are quite a few changes I thought I would check on here.

From your experience will 'refresh' operations work on the old agent or do they have to be recomposed with the new agents? I am currently using old agents v5.0 on two VM's (not used any more, but good for testing purposes) and all operations work.

THanks

0 Kudos
meyner22
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm not certain if a refresh will work on the old agents since I haven't tried it, but I'm leaning towards yes.  I don't see why it wouldn't work.  If this is a production pool you might be best to create test pool based off that image and refresh the desktops to verify if it works.

Thanks