VMware Horizon Community
EricNichols
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

View 5.2 Recompose linked clone pool - Wait for user to logoff - Refresh Immediately after logoff - logged on VM's never recompose after logoff or refresh.

Lets say we have 20 linked clones in pool a that has refresh immediately after logoff. 10 people are logged on to VM's 1-10. When we schedule a recompose of the entire pool, we would expect that VM's 11-20 would recompose after which, as people log off of Vm's 1-10, those VM's would recompose to the new replica. Instead, VM's 1-10 are refreshing to a checkpoint and never recomposing to the new replica. It seems that when refresh after logoff was not set, the recompose was working correctly. Are these two features mutually exclusive?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I'm assuming this is what you are talking about?  http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006707

If so, yes, this is a known issue, a refresh on log off will supersede a recompose on log off.  I've escalated this issue until I was blue and have heard it will be fixed in a future version

Right now I'm manually doing recomposes by going into Pool > Inventory Tab > Desktops (View Composer Details) > Right click desktops > Recompose.  I usually do this on a single desktop and let the replica create, and the do batches of recomposes afterwards.  Also recomposing and selecting force users to log off will do the trick too.

Moderator note: Edited the post to remove NDA restricted information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nzorn
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I'm assuming this is what you are talking about?  http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2006707

If so, yes, this is a known issue, a refresh on log off will supersede a recompose on log off.  I've escalated this issue until I was blue and have heard it will be fixed in a future version

Right now I'm manually doing recomposes by going into Pool > Inventory Tab > Desktops (View Composer Details) > Right click desktops > Recompose.  I usually do this on a single desktop and let the replica create, and the do batches of recomposes afterwards.  Also recomposing and selecting force users to log off will do the trick too.

Moderator note: Edited the post to remove NDA restricted information.

0 Kudos