VMware Horizon Community
RicardEstanys
Contributor
Contributor

View 5.2. Connect to desktop when a user has already logged in

Hello,

I'm using View 5.2 with desktops that use autologin. When desktops are started they automatically log in and when I try to connect always shows me the message "Desktop not available".

How can I connect to a desktop when a user has already logged in?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

If the user account is the same as the one used to authenticate to the connection server, then View should take control of the non-View session and reconnect to it. If it's not the same user account then you can't, you will need to ensure the account is logged out again before it's considered free for use by View.

0 Kudos
RicardEstanys
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the answer.

The user account is not the same. I authenticate with AD user account and this desktop uses a local user account that is always logged in.

So... There's any way to force an user to log out when you want to connect? Maybe modifying something on the registry or sending a command...

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

If the user doesn't need to stay logged in, then just add a link or script in the startup folder that calls logoff.exe so that it is logged out again. There's nothing you can wait for on the VM to find out when a user wants to connect, the connection server will ignore the VM completely until it is free.

0 Kudos
RicardEstanys
Contributor
Contributor

My first option was that the user was always logged in because I don't want that the users had to type any user name neither password. It seems that it not possible...

The second option is connect to the virtual desktop using an AD user and when authenticated, automatically log in with the local user without type any user name neither password. Colud it be possible?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

No it's not possible with View alone, the single sign on [SSO] code for View is only for the cases when the user account that authenticates to the broker is the same one to be used for the desktop logon.

0 Kudos